Children’s Biomechanical Assessments at Happy Feet Podiatry
Nurturing Growing Feet for a Lifetime of Healthy Movement
Children are constantly on the move, exploring the world with boundless energy. But sometimes, they may encounter issues with their gait or posture that can indicate underlying biomechanical concerns. At Happy Feet Podiatry, we perform children’s biomechanical assessments to ensure their feet are developing correctly and to address any issues that could affect their long-term mobility and foot health.
Why are Children’s Biomechanical Assessments Important?
Biomechanics play a crucial role in how children walk, run, and play. An assessment can identify abnormalities in foot structure or function that may contribute to more noticeable problems, such as in-toeing, flat feet, frequent tripping, or even discomfort when walking. Early detection and management are essential for:
– Preventing pain and discomfort: By correcting abnormal patterns early, we can prevent discomfort that might otherwise deter children from staying active.
– Promoting proper growth: Addressing biomechanical issues early helps ensure that children’s feet and legs develop optimally.
– Enhancing performance: For active children and young athletes, optimal biomechanics can improve sports performance and reduce the risk of injury.
– Supporting overall health: Proper foot mechanics are important for general physical health and can prevent future issues in the knees, hips, and back.
What Does a Biomechanical Assessment Involve?
Our comprehensive biomechanical assessment for children includes:
- Observation and Analysis
We observe your child’s gait and posture, looking for any signs of imbalance or inefficient movement patterns.
- Physical Examination
We conduct a thorough physical examination of your child’s lower limbs to check for any structural abnormalities or limitations in range of motion.
- Footwear Evaluation and recommendations
We review your child’s current footwear for proper fit and support, which is vital for growing feet. We also can recommend the best footwear to suit your child.
- Treatment and Care Plan
We develop a tailored care plan, which may include exercises, orthotics, footwear recommendations, and follow-up visits to monitor progress.
Our Commitment to Child-Friendly Care
At Happy Feet Podiatry, we create a welcoming and engaging environment for children. We understand that kids may be apprehensive about visiting healthcare providers, so we go the extra mile to ensure their comfort and build their trust.
Schedule a Biomechanical Assessment for Your Child
If you’ve noticed any irregularities in your child’s walking or running, or if they’ve complained of discomfort during activity, a biomechanical assessment can provide the answers and solutions you need. Together, we’ll take the first step towards ensuring your child’s feet are set up for a lifetime of healthy movement.