What are Stress Fractures?
Stress fractures in the heel are tiny cracks or breaks in the heel bone, typically from overuse or repetitive force.
– Intense, repetitive activity without proper conditioning.
– Osteoporosis, which weakens bones.
– Wearing unsupportive footwear during high-impact activities.
– Gradual onset of pain and swelling.
– Tenderness to touch.
– Bruising at the site.
Treatment at Happy Feet Podiatry:
– Custom orthotics for support and pressure relief.
– Footwear recommendations to ensure proper cushioning.
– Low level soft tissue laser to stimulate bony remodeling