What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis refers to inflammation of the plantar fascia – a thick band of tissue that runs from the heel to the toes. This tissue acts as a shock absorber and supports the foot’s arch.
– Prolonged standing or walking.
– High foot arches or flat feet.
– Obesity or sudden weight gain.
– Tight Achilles tendons or calf muscles.
– Wearing unsupportive footwear.
– Sharp, stabbing pain at the bottom of the foot near the heel.
– Pain upon waking up in the morning or after long periods of sitting.
– Pain after exercise, but not necessarily during it.
Treatment at Happy Feet Podiatry:
– Custom orthotics to redistribute pressure.
– Footwear recommendations.