What are Heel Spurs?
Heel spurs are bony growths on the heel bone’s underside, often caused by repetitive strain.
– Prolonged wearing of ill-fitting shoes without arch support.
– Running or jogging on hard surfaces.
– Age, as the pad of the foot wears down over time.
– Intermittent or chronic pain while walking or running.
– Sharp, poking pain in the early morning.
– Inflammation and heat at the front of the heel.
Treatment at Happy Feet Podiatry:
– Custom orthotics to alleviate pressure.
– Footwear advice and recommendations.
– Stretching and rehab exercises