What is Bursitis?
Bursitis of the heel refers to inflammation of the bursa, a small, fluid-filled sac located behind the heel bone, beneath the Achilles tendon.
– Overuse from repetitive activities.
– Prolonged pressure on the heel.
– Direct trauma to the heel.
– Rheumatoid arthritis.
– Redness and swelling.
– Pain at the back of the heel.
– Tenderness and warmth.
Treatment at Happy Feet Podiatry:
– Shockwave therapy to stimulate healing.
– Appropriate footwear recommendations.
Low level soft tissue laser to stimulate a healing response