What is Achilles Tendinitis?
Achilles Tendinitis is inflammation of the Achilles tendon, a band of tissue connecting calf muscles to the heel bone.
– Sudden increase in physical activity without proper conditioning.
– Running on uneven surfaces.
– Wearing shoes without proper support.
– Tight calf muscles or a naturally flat foot arch.
– Mild ache in the back of the leg or above the heel.
– Stiffness and tenderness, especially in the morning.
– Swelling or heat around the tendon.
Treatment at Happy Feet Podiatry:
– Custom orthotics to support and cushion the heel.
– Footwear recommendations to reduce stress on the tendon.